DMV behind the wheel requirements
- Complete a minimum number of superviced driving hours.
- Keep a log of your behind-the-wheel practice
- Submit a certification form
Superviced behind-the-wheel practice is an important phase during your permit stage.
Benefits of behind-the-wheel practice
- Gain real driving experience
- Put your knowledge to practice
- You'll be ready to take on the responsibilities of new driver
California driver's training requirements
While you hold your learner's permit and you're younger than 18
- Complete 6 hours of driver's training
- Hold your learner's permit for at least 6 months
- Complete 50 hours of behind-the-wheel driving practice
- Complete a driver's education program